Sunny

Thursday, August 9, 2012

My Name is Not Isabella By: Jennifer Fosberry


My daughter Isabela received this book for her fourth birthday.  It is such an enlightening book that is very inspiring for any little girl.  A little girl name Isabela goes throughout her day telling her mother that she is not Isabela but many other names.  The names just happen to be names of women pioneers of different eras that changed our world dramatically for women.  "I am ROSA, the greatest, bravest activists who ever was!"
 

Your little girl will love the illustrations and will find it an easy read with its repetitive structure.

"It's me, Isabella, the sweetest,kindest,smartest, bravest, fastest, toughest, greatest girl that ever was," and the little girl as she fell sleep and dream about who she would be....tomorrow. 



I just love how this book has the most simplest intentions to just inspire little girls to go for it all and to imagine anything for themselves because it is all possible!  What a wonderful message! At the very end of the book there is a page with all of the "women who changed the world" and it provides you with a history on each of them (they even include a paragraph for the most important woman, mommy). There is also a boy version of this book that my girls enjoyed as well called My Name is Not Alexander. 

When Emma got a hold of her sisters copy of this book I think she loved it even more than Isabela and she was only two at the time. This book will become an instant favorite!

Here is to an inspirational read!

No comments:

Post a Comment