Sunny

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Peter Pan By: J.M. Barrie



This post is dedicated to my daughter Emma Greyce who is having her 3rd Birthday party tomorrow.  She wanted to have a Jake and the Neverland Pirate Party and so tomorrow our house will be transported to Neverland and our yard into the Never Sea complete with the Jolly Roger and Bucky. 


Emma has a wonderful imagination and loves to dress up and play pretend.  She is always a different character and when she became "Jake" from the cartoon it stuck for over a week. She would remind me too if I forogt and called her Emma and not Jake. I have fallen in love with Peter Pan all over again through the eyes of my kids.  Who doesn't like the idea of Neverland and how fun it would be to be little for ever!  I love that innocence in a child and laugh when they say "Yuk grown ups". She has inspired me to get a copy of the original Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie and read it with them! 

There is also movie "Finding Neverland" starring Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet that explains J.M. Barrie's inspiration to write Peter Pan.  I am a little biased because of my love of Johnny Depp but this movie is really good.  It is heartfelt and shows how important and magical a persons imagination really is.

Here is to Happy Birthday Reading and to holding on to our child's innocence as long as possible!

Peter Pan Kensington Gardens statue

No comments:

Post a Comment