Sunny

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Escape of Marvin the Ape By: Caralyn and Mark Buehner


Marvin the Ape escapes at feeding time from the Zoo.  In the following pages he tries to disguise himself all around New York City to avoid going back to the Zoo.

The first time I read this book the girls were entertained by it but it was a quick read.  So when I read it the second time I discovered that the book is much more fun than I first thought.  Hiding in the pages there is an ostrich and black cat.  The book took on a new level of fun and since the ostrich and black cat are a little difficult to find, I find that we spend quite awhile searching the book.  That turns into Isabela and Emma asking more questions about the images in the book and gets them interacting and learning.  Don't forget if you do get a chance to read the book that the ostrich and the black cat are on the back cover as well!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment